Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chili today...

...and hot tamale.

IMAG0691

Today's chili is
1 pound of browned ground beef
1 can of red beans
1 can of black beans
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
The onions I had left from this week's meatloaf
And--instead of cans of tomatoes--enough V-8 juice to cover everything in the crock-pot (about half of a 48-ounce bottle).
Cooked in the crockpot on high for 3 hours, low for another hour.

And I made more cornbread muffins. Tonight's chili came on two of the muffins. I've got four more muffins and plenty more chili for leftovers.

2 comments:

deenbat said...

Chili is one of the things I tend to freeze left-overs of in single-serving containers.

KF-in-Georgia said...

Yeah. There's enough left for two good meals, so I'm thinking that's tonight (Friday) and Saturday. Last time I made chili, there was a lot more left and I froze a couple of servings. But I've got freelancing today and this weekend, so I won't be cooking much. Heat-and-eat will be good. And now that I know how much this made (using juice instead of cans of tomatoes), I'll figure a way to stretch it next time.