I need a supervisor!
Should we ask what happened?? (Or did you really just drop one?)
Dropped the bowl, and it landed face down. That's about half the batter. Bowl survived undamaged. (Yay, Pyrex!) I baked what was already in the muffin tin: 7 wimpy little muffins (about a spoonful of batter in each cup).
It was quite the day for kitchen misadventures on the 25th!(Did the muffins you were able to bake turn out well?)
Despite soaking the orange in vinegar before scrubbing, then scrubbing it with the vegetable brush, I could still taste a little bitterness in the finished muffins. I don't know if that was from the wax or if that's just bitterness from the peel.And the orange didn't blend very well: there were some distinct chunks in the finished muffins. I'll have to be more aware of that when I try a third time.But they taste very good. You can see from the photo that I didn't over-mix the ingredients or wind up with anything that was too wet. And if I'd managed to get a decent amount of batter into any of the cupcake papers, the resulting muffin probably would have been a good size.Of course, I don't have enough cupcake papers to try again until I've been to the store.
I finally managed to comment on your original orange muffin post. As for this one, nooooooooooooo! On the bright side, your floor is nice. And the batter looks like the right texture. You can leave the orange chunks in or you can blend the wet ingredients a little more, your choice.
I'm glad I got the consistency of the batter correct this time. If this batch had been as runny as the first batch, I'd still be trying to get up the spill.
Post a Comment