Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Yes, It's a Mix

But it's an excellent one.

IMAG0670

I've always loved sweet cornbread--the kind you can eat as if it were cake. This mix fills the bill. You add milk, an egg, and 2T butter and bake at 400F for 16 minutes. The recipe has alternate instructions for baking a pan of cornbread or cooking a skilletful. (Cooking a skilletful is why I want to get my cast-iron skillet properly seasoned.)

IMAG0668

Of course, in my oven, 400F is a little over 450F on the dial. Since I wasn't busy with other stuff at the time, I just sat in the floor with a flashlight in front of the oven. I could shine the light in to monitor the temperature, so I could watch and adjust the temperature without having to open the door.

IMAG0666

I've eaten two of the muffins. I think the others will probably wind up under leftover chili in a couple of meals.

IMAG0669


No comments: